1. Tell us a little about yourself and what #loveyourself means to you.
Since becoming a mom, I felt like I needed to find my new identity again. I had so many insecurities creep in every single day where I just didn't feel like I was naturally a good mom. I've worked every single day to find myself again and love the new me! This has allowed me to love my new self and look past those insecurities and embrace my new self in the journey of motherhood.
2. How has becoming a wife and mother changed the way you #loveyourself?
I love myself in a completely different way. I use to live a life for myself and now I live it for the cutest tiny little humans and honestly, a life that is lived for someone else feels so much more fulfilling.
3. Tell us about your awesome Facebook group you started to help moms support other moms! What do you do in that group to help promote self love and positivity among mothers?
When I first became a mom, I suffered through some pretty rough postpartum depression. I found myself constantly texting my sisters and felt that there needed to be a forum for moms to help moms who felt as lost as I did. It started with 40 close friends and family and has grown to almost 30K of mamas helping mamas! We try to keep it as positive as we can in there and lift one another up. Mom life is hard as it is and having that village helps so much.
4. We all love social media! But it can be hard to not get trapped in the ‘comparison game’ while scrolling through Instagram. How do you stay away from comparison, keep it real and love your life & yourself while being part of the Instagram world?
On the days where you struggle with comparison, I say to take 10 minutes and stalk your own feed! Look at your own pictures and remind yourself of the life you are creating for yourself and the blessings that you have!
5. What do you do for YOU? Whether it’s a daily thing or less often, what do you do to love yourself and make yourself a priority?
Something that I do daily that helps me survive is I eat before my kids. That probably sounds kinda harsh, but when I first became a mom I literally didn't allow myself to eat. I was too focused on the next feeding or bouncing or whatever my baby needed that I completely neglected myself. Now that I have 3, I HAVE to eat before everyone so that I have the energy to help them throughout the day and not be a hangry mom!
FRIDAY FUN QUESTION! What is your favorite Netflix show?
This is a great question! These aren't on Netflix but my husband and I are currently loving New Amsterdam, This is Us, and A Million Little Things!