1. Tell us a little about yourself and what #loveyourself means to you.
Hello! My name is Krychele and I am a curvy fashion blogger over at @carnationsandlace. I love inspiring women of all shapes and sizes to feel confident in the clothes they wear! In my spare time I love to be outside, and spend time with my hubby and toddler. To me, loving myself means I embrace everything that I am. Inside and out! My talents and flaws make me who I am. As long as I'm striving to be my best, that's all that matters!
2. Have you ever struggled with self love? Was there a time period or a single experience that made you question your personal worth, and what did you do to overcome that?
Absolutely. Self love was something I really struggled with up until a few years ago. I constantly compared myself to others and felt like I would never measure up to everyone around me. I finally realized that comparison would forever be the thief of my joy and started being grateful for what I had instead.
3. How has becoming a wife and mother changed the way you #loveyourself?
Being a wife and mother is my greatest blessing in life. My husband is my biggest cheerleader and having him by my side gives me confidence to chase my dreams. When I have doubts, he quickly reminds me of how capable I am and that keeps me motivated through the hard days. My sweet baby boy is also a huge part of my self love journey. After giving birth, my body changed in so many ways, and instead of seeing those changes as a negative, I chose to look at them as a positive. My body created life and I am grateful for every mark of proof on my body!
4. We all love social media! But it can be hard to not get trapped in the ‘comparison game’ while scrolling through Instagram. How do you stay away from comparison, keep it real and love your life & yourself while being part of the Instagram world?
Something I always have to keep in mind in the blogging world is that social media is everyones highlight reel. Most people only post the best moments of their lives. Remembering that EVERYONE has trials in life is the best way to stay happy on Instagram!
5. What do you do for YOU? Whether it’s a daily thing or less often, what do you do to love yourself and make yourself a priority?
Yoga is my happy place! I've noticed that the days I make time for it, I am a happier person, and being happy is the key to loving myself! I am also a better spouse and mom when I get a daily dose of me time. Sometimes its only a few minutes, but it makes a big difference in my life!
FRIDAY FUN QUESTION! What is your favorite Disney movie?
Hocus Pocus! Is it Halloween yet?!